If you like pecan pie and chocolate you NEED to make these immediately. A relatively easy recipe to throw together and the results are fantastic. I took these to a dinner part and they were well received. I opted to top them with fresh whipped cream but adding vanilla ice cream is another decadent option. I also eat them as is and you will not be disappointed.
Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie Bars
recipe slightly adapted from Brown Eyed Baker
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour (180 grams)
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) room temperature butter
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup of chocolate chunks (semisweet works best)
- 1 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- **optional: whipped cream or vanilla ice cream to serve on top
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 9×13-inch baking pan with butter or coconut oil.
- To make the crust, mix together the flour, butter and brown sugar until crumbly. (my method is the lazy version: melt the butter and mix with a spoon) Press into the bottom of the baking pan and bake for 12-15 minutes until light brown.
- To make the filling: beat the eggs, corn syrup, sugar, 1 Tbsp butter and vanilla extract with a whisk or hand mixer. Stir in the chocolate and pecans. Pour on top of the baked crust
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until set.
- Cool on a wire rack completely before cutting into bars or eat warm from the pan (let it cool a little so you don’t burn your tongue though)!
- Optional: serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream