Oh cookie butter! I love eating Trader Joe’s cookie butter straight from the jar on a spoon, but it’s always good to try and use it in recipes as well. These cookies are soft, melt in your mouth delicious. Enjoy!
Chocolate Peanut Cookie Butter Cookies
recipe from une gamine dans la cuisine
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup Trader Joe’s cookie butter
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup tightly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- sugar for topping
1. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder and set aside.
2. Beat together the peanut butter, cookie butter, melted butter, and both sugars until creamy & smooth (about 3-5 minutes on med-high speed). Add egg and vanilla extract and beat until combined.
3. Add flour/cocoa mixture and beat on low speed till just combined (try not to over-mix).
4. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. For each cookie, measure out a heaping Tablespoonful of dough. Roll into balls and place onto prepared cookie sheet. When you’ve used up all the dough, cover sheet with plastic wrap and refrigerate cookies overnight, or for at least 8 hours.
5. Preheat oven to 350 F. Line another baking sheet with parchment paper.
6. Place chilled cookie dough rounds onto baking sheet. Sprinkle cookies with sugar and use the bottom of a glass to press down until cookies are about 1/2″ thick. Use the tines of a fork to make crisscross patterns.
7. Bake 9-10 minutes or until edges are just beginning to set. They will continue to firm while cooling so try not to over-bake. Remove sheet from oven and place onto a cooling rack.