Smitten Kitchen is one of my favorite blogs. And chocolate chip cookies is one of my favorite desserts! I have a bunch of different recipes saved in my bookmarks to try out and this recipe really hit the spot. The pecans and walnuts were a nice addition for me. If you are looking for a great cookie recipe, try this one out!
recipe from Smitten Kitchen
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, cold, cut into 1/2-inch (1cm) pieces
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
1. Adjust the oven rack to the top third of the oven and preheat to 300F. Line three baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Beat the sugars and butters together until smooth. Mix in the egg, vanilla, and baking soda.
3. Stir together the flour and salt, then mix them into the batter. Mix in the chocolate chips and nuts.
4. Scoop the cookie dough into 2-tablespoon balls and place 8 balls, spaced 4 inches apart, on the baking sheet.
5. Bake for 18 minutes, or until pale golden brown.
6. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack