- 1 cup brown rice
- 3 oz rempeh
- 2 stalks lemongrass, trimmed and outer stalks removed
- 2 teaspoons sriracha
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 Tablespoon toasted sesame oil, divided
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 large carrots, chopped or sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 Tablespoon soy sauce
- toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
- 2 avocados, chopped
1. Rinse and cook the brown rice according to instructions.
2. Cut the tempeh into cubes.
3. Smash the lemongrass with the back of a knife and mince it well.
4. In a large mixing bowl, combine the lemongrass, siracha, lime juice, vinegar, ginger, pinch of salt and stir to mix.
5. Add the tempeh and stir everything to coat. Set aside to marinate for 30 minutes.
6. Warm the coconut and sesame oils in a large skillet over medium high heat. When the pan is hot, add the tempeh and it’s marinade and saute for 4-5 minutes, until edges are browned.
8. Add the greens onions, stir and taste for seasonings.
9. Serve each bowl with a scoop of the brown rice, the tempeh vegetable mixture in sauce, a sprinkle of sesame seeds and a half of avocado, sliced, on top.