- 16 ounces of pasta of your choice
- 3 cups of packed fresh arugula and/or basil, tough stems removed
- ¾ cup sliced almonds
- ½ to ¾ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and roughly chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1.Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water, and set aside.
2. To make pesto, combine all ingredients from arugula to pepper in a food processor and pulse until a paste is formed. Season with more salt and pepper taste.
3. Combine with drained pasta noodles. Sprinkle with fresh cheese if desired.