Kale Salad with Tahini Maple Dressing Recipe
adapted slightly from Cookie and Kate
- 1 bunch of green kale, stems removed and chopped
- 12 brussels sprouts, shredded
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- dash of sea salt
Tahini Maple dressing
- ¼ cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons white miso paste
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup water
- Place the kale and brussel sprouts in a serving bowl. Sprinkle the chopped carrots, almonds and cheese over the leaves.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the tahini, vinegar, miso, maple syrup and red pepper flakes. Whisk in the water until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Pour the dressing over the kale and sprouts and mix well.
- Serve immediately. If making individual salads, pour the dressing on immediately before serving.