I am thrilled to share that Gainesville, FL finally has a Trader Joe’s!!! It opened in December and my boyfriend bought me two Trader Joe’s cookbooks. This is the first recipe that I have tried it was so quick and easy I still cannot believe it. This was fast as lightning to prepare and tasty! I ate mine with Garlic Naan from Trader Joe’s but you could eat this over rice or plain for a low-carb option. I am happy to begin a TJ’s section to my blog that will feature the many wonderful and convenient items available at Trader Joe’s. Enjoy!
barely adapted from Cooking with Trader Joe’s
- 2 – 15.5 ounce cans garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 – 15 ounce jar Curry Simmer Sauce (trader joe’s item)
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 Tbsp diced canned jalapenos (more or less depending on how spicy you like things)
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
Combine the garbanzo beans and curry sauce over medium heat in a pan. Simmer for 15 minutes. Mix onion, jalapenos, cilantro, lime juice and place the mixture on top of the garbanzo beans. Serve alone, over rice, or with naan.